Pandemic life has been intense, and the mental health fallout from COVID-19 will last long after the virus has faded from memory.
Encouraging your employees to give themselves grace and gentleness right now can go a long way toward building resilience, steadiness, and overall well-being.
Here are five practical ways to do so:
- Offer a weekly 15-minute office yoga or meditation break.
- Encourage employees to set clear and healthy boundaries around work, especially if they’re still working from home. For example, suggest that everyone turn off their work computers after 6pm, and on weekends. Leaders should be the first to model this!
- Share this simple breathwork practice for stress. Pranayama (a mindfulness practice designed to work with the breath) can be a powerful, practical tool for cultivating mental and emotional well-being, especially under duress.
- Sign your whole team up for a custom 90-day Tune Up with the studio BE virtual platform for yoga, mindfulness and mindful living.
- Book a 45-minute self-compassion workshop as a connection-building activity.
Reach out to our Director of Development Gretchen Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore custom programming opportunities in yoga, mindfulness, mindful leadership, emotional intelligence, and more for you and your team — including a free trial of our elegant, accessible virtual studio.
Feature image by Good Studio/Adobe Stock